Paris Version  la Franaise
Savoir-Faire Gourmet Culturel Dcouverte Littraire

mercredi 24 décembre 2008

Joyeux Noël, Merry Christmas, Frohe Weihnachten..

Unfortunately, French traditional Christmas dinner isn’t very dietetic and it isn’t easy to get through this wonderful time without having one or two pounds to lose again! But Christmas time is such a wonderful time to share with family members or friends, that I’m very pleased to share my best shopping addresses with you. We’ll have “petits-fours” with Champagne for the start, and I’ll go to Gérard Mulot to buy them. Then there’ll be oysters directly from my fish marketer (they must come directly from the sea ). After that , we’ll have foie gras (the best one is the one sold in Garde-Manger in rue d’Aligre because it’s produced fresh daily and reminds me of my origins), and then "Dinde farcie" stuffed turkey (which I’ll buy at my favorite butcher, who is also the best provider and has the perfect quality)… For dessert we’ll certainly have the famous “bûche de Noël," and like last year I'll buy a real Christmas one at Stephan Secco's, who is the last pâtissier to offer a “roullé” for me!
No cheese and no salmon ? Well it’s for lunch the next day…
Merry Christmas to all of you, and happy dining!
Pascale
Gerard Mulot - 78 rue de Seine - Paris 6ème
Garde-Manger - 17 rue d’Aligre - Paris 12ème
Stephane Secco - 20 rue Jean Nicot - Paris 7ème

Aucun commentaire: